Spring is a time when people begin enjoying cool breezes and the warmth of the sun. If you’re like me, you probably enjoy getting out on your porch to read a good book and sip on some sweet tea. Now we all know that a porch should be stylish, relaxing and inviting; however, executing is sometime hard since porches can be small. If you have a small porch, have no fear; you can make it a beautiful, cozy and inviting place. Check out these tips:
1. Decorating the Porch Overhang
On a porch, there’s always room for an overhang plant. Why not pizazz the overhang with a splash of unexpected color? It’s a great way to liven up the area! Do something truly different and paint the underside of the overhang a beautiful shade of sky blue. It will match the color of a cool spring sky, and it will provide a relaxing place to sit and enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. Almost any porch color will match the natural color of spring sky blue, and this is an easy and inexpensive way to begin decorating the porch for spring.
2. Consider updating your hardware
• Update your door knob, hinge plates, and door knocker.
• Try to match the style and color to create a cohesive look.
• If you do not have a door knocker; now is the time to consider one. They come in all styles and finishes and add a sophisticated touch to any front door.
• Replace your door knob and hinge plates if they are worn or severely tarnished. Often times, a good cleaning will restore the original finish.
3. Go Bistro!
Place a small bench or two bistro chairs and table on the porch to provide an outdoor entertainment area without taking up too much room. Add some green plants for added appeal.